Sunday, December 11, 2011

Long overdue

I haven't updated this in some time. Hasn't been for lack of anything to write about. I've just been distracted by shit. Some of it my own mental apathy. Other's include life itself. And some of it was reading through the first three books of the Songs of Ice and Fire series, which is what the Game of Thrones show is based on. Those took up a lot of times since each one averages about a thousand pages. I'm all Songs of Ice and Fired out for the moment though, and am rushing through Girl With the Dragon Tattoo before it hits theaters. Just aren't enough hours in the day for all things. I haven't even finished Batman Arkham Asylum nor started Uncharted 3. I intend to take care of both of those during the Christmas break. And also, hopefully, post more here. I do intend to keep a steady flow of postings throughout the next year. I just gotta keep in mind, whenever I feel a rant coming on, I'll make sure to run to this here blog and plant it down. Why should rage be self contained! But for now, let's get the moth balls off this blog by posting a weekend box office update!

Fuck it. Nah fuck it. Here's what you need to know about the box office as of late. Everything, EVERYTHING that has come out since Rise of the Planet of the Apes has either bombed, disappointed, or barely broken even. The sole exception was Twilight. But just about everything else has been a mess. Reason is simple. Studio's aren't releasing anything anybody gives enough of a shit about seeing. Especially in this economy. Especially in this age of netflix and pirating. Why waste the time and money? The biggest concern for Hollywood is that their core, always reliable audience(young males) are no longer flocking to the movies. Mainly due to the fact that they have plenty of OTHER shit to do. Like video games which have grown this year. So don't expect much noise from the box office for a long while. You can only serve shit enough times before people finally taste it.

And speaking of shit, it's fun to see the Republican party has continued to grow more deeply insane over the last few months. The debates have become side shows, and Obama looks almost like a lock for re-election mainly due to the fact that the republicans have gone batshit and aren't even hiding the fact anymore. I mean when one of your leading candidates is a sexually harassing pizza guy, you have fucking problems. But this is a post for another day. When I have enough energy to run it down. For now, just know, the blog is back. I'll try to keep it up to date a bit better than I have, and let's see where the future takes us!

Also gotta start compiling my best of 2011 lists. Those should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed with the box office...the only hits lately have been family films...go figure...


    ---Z

    ReplyDelete