Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 In Review

So thus endeth 2011. Can't say much for this year. There were some shit moments, and some very nice highlights towards the end. Guess it was a balanced year. :shrug: I dont know. i dont care. All i want is for 2012 to be a GOOD year. And goddammit, i'm gonna work towards that shit.

In terms of media, 2011 was a mixed bag. Music was an improvement this year over last, mainly cause I got into a whole slew of new artists. Some old reliables also delivered the goods again. Video games were still top noch though I did not buy nearly as many this year as I did last, and television, thanks to cable, made a massive rebound. In fact, some of the BEST things I saw all year media wise were on television. Especialy the seasons of Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and the debut of Game of Thrones. Three of the best shows around delivered unbeleivable seasons with moments so unexpected an dshocking, then just left me in complete awe. Movies were shit this year though. Total shit. There was barely anything to see, and not enough out there even caught my interest enough to run to a theater to watch. I'll compile my best and worst of movies list later on, around Oscar time. Still got a few to watch.

Anyway, lets do a qucik run down on some stuff. For best video game this year, I hand the award over to:
INFAMOUS 2!

Infamous 2 was a huge improvement over an already excellent first game. All the new additions were subtle. Better graphics, more cohesive story, power ups that made you feel like a god. And a more nifty way of chooseing to be a hero or a villain. The result was a game I had the most fun playing this year. I played this thing twice fom beginning to end without complaint and has a blast both times. It was the most fun i had with any game this year. I had expeted Batma Arkham City to take this award, but I honestly think that game is too massive for it's own good sometimes. There is so much to do it leaves my head spinning. Uncharted 3 was also excellent, but it does not beat out Uncharted 2. So Infamous 2 takes it.

My award for music goes to.....well you should check the post right below this one to see my list of music for the year.

Movies I already said i'd do later

Television.....hmm......It's a NARROW margin between Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, but in the end I'm going with Breaking Bad. Season 4 of that show had me on pins and needles for nearly every episode, and the season finale was THE best hour of television I have ever seen. Mind you this was an incredibly tough call. All three of these shows delivered moment after moment of insnaity, and each one contained such a MASSIVE event that it just shake the very foundation of the entire show and leaves you wondering how on earth it can continue. But continue they shall, and I cannot wait for each new season of these shows. The fact each one returns in 2012 is another reason this will be a GREAT year.

So there's my brief run down of the year. I'm glad it's over. I'm looking foward to big changes in 2012. New opportunities, new events, new attitude, new everything. Let's all try to make it the best we can. Let go of inhibitions, let go of fear, let go of the shit that keeps you tied to the tracks. Lets start living this motherfucker up!

No comments:

Post a Comment